The IHLA Nominations & Elections Committee is pleased to announce FINAL results of elections, which occurred from 18 November to 18 December 2021. The following candidates were elected.
Research Standards Committee
- Juliana Elisa Ascolani, Germany
- Elena Carbone, USA
- Elisabetta Corvo, UK
- Tuyen Van Duong, Taiwan
- Manuela Malaguti Boyle, Australia
- Danielle Muscat, Australia
- Jürgen Pelikan, Austria
- Tin Tin Su, Malaysia
- Josefin Wangdal, Sweden
Practice Standards Committee
- Guda Alemayehu, Ethiopia
- Cristina Vaz de Almeida, Portugal
- Mark Matthijs Bakker, Netherlands
- Mahesh Bhatt, India
- Tara Chen, Canada
- Verna McKenna, Ireland
- Sophia Pagtakhan Wong, Canada
- Gill Rowlands, UK
- Bill Stone, USA
Nominations & Elections Committee
- Qamar Iqbal, Pakistan
- Sabrina Kurtz-Rossi, USA
- Rob Logan, USA
- Y.S. Sivan, India
- Fred Voon, Canada
Please see IHLA Election Report which outlines the process, considerations, and recommendations made by the Nominations & Elections Committee. Recognizing that this is IHLA’s first election, the Committee applauds the global representation and commitments of nominees, candidates, and voters. The Committee also acknowledges some important issues and lessons learned which were discussed at length among the committee and executive board members. The lessons learned will help improve the next election, which will occur in 2024 as outlined in the report.
IHLA conducted its first elections according to the IHLA’s Constitution and Bylaws.
Elections for the period 2022-2024 were held for following positions:
- Vice President (serves as president after 3-year term) – CANDIDATES
- Treasurer (3-year term) – CANDIDATES
- Research Standards Standing Committee (9 members, 3-year term) – CANDIDATES
- Practice Standards Standing Committee (9 members, 3-year term) – CANDIDATES
- Nominations & Elections Standing Committee (9 members, 3-year term) – CANDIDATES
A link to the ballot was emailed to IHLA members. All who were IHLA members as of 18 November 2021 were eligible to vote. For more information, see IHLA Election Guidelines and IHLA Elections Report.
A Webinar on Wednesday, 1 December 2021; 16:30 – 17:30 (CET) provided members with opportunity to meet candidates for Vice President and Treasurer.
- 18 November 2021 – Voting opens
- 18 December 2021 – Voting closes
- 14 January 2021 – Election results announced
- 25 January 2021 – Elected officials take office